2007-05-04

Dickey's Update

Since my last post, I've been to Dickey's 2 more times. Once for lunch, and another time for dinner. I was finally able to try the pulled pork. Tasty, but still not quite a good as Dave's. I guess I'm just picky when it comes to pulled pork, I like it to have a nice smokey flavor, without the bbq sauce. If the sauce has some smokeyness to it, that's fine, but I like the meat to be able to stand on it's own. Their dinner rolls are much better than their cornbread. I think I'll just stick to the rolls from now on. Still digging their fried okra. Guess that's just one of those things that I picked up from living in the South. Their green beans are very delicious. Not such a fan of the potato salad, it's not horrible, but it's certainly not Jason's grandmas deliciousness. The jalapeƱo beans were good, nice kick to them. Even better with a splash of bbq sauce & some onions thrown in.

So, all in all, I'm happy with Dickey's. It's certainly nice to have a BBQ place so close to home.

--JOsh

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

Since a group of us (including Josh), just got back from there, I'll throw in my bit.

Decent overall, but given the choice between BBQ This and Dickey's, I'll take BBQ This everytime.

Service sucks overall, unless you like having things spilled on you ;-). Potato salad was horribly bland to me, and the meat was only above average.

Famous Daves - quit being lazy, setup a store in CR and blow these other guys out of the water.

1:29 PM, May 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home