2007-05-31

Fuck Vonage!

Grrr... A few months back, I had signed the Forest up for Vonage. We had intended to get a phone number locally, then transfer it to Vonage using the Number Portability Act. Well, long story short, we got out local number from a local cell phone company, and then couldn't get the number transfered to Vonage. I called Vonage from work over my lunch break to cancel. Well, today I noticed I had a missed call last night from some toll free number, 866-243-4357. As I was sitting at my desk this afternoon, my phone rang, and it was the same toll free number. I answer and it's Vonage trying to sell me service. I asked how they got my number and the lady on the end of the phone said that I had previously called them. WTF! I asked, 'So since I called once from this number, you took that as an invitation to telemarket to me at this number?', to which she responded 'Yes.' Double WTF! I told her to never call me at this number again, at which time she started rattling off a speech about how they will do that, but it might take 30 days to remove my name & number, and I may still receive calls until then.

Guess I'll have to start dialing *67 before calling places to ensure that I don't get telemarketed based on a previous phone call.

--JOsh

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

I think you should have signed up for service. I'd like to see them get you switched ;-)

Or make them a deal, say I'll sign up here when you can transfer this other number. Douchebags.

12:53 PM, June 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home