2005-03-31

How do you screw up something so simple and convenient?

Today Jason and I went to KFC for lunch. On our last trip, we noticed that they had slightly come into the modern era of fast food by accepting debit cards, but no credit cards, unlike just about every other fast food place in the US. They had some hokey little swipe machine next to the register, on a cardboard pedestal, like it was a retail display to get you to buy the thing.

So I decided since I was a little short on cash, I'd just use my debit card to buy lunch. The cashier rings me up, and I tell her I want to do debit. Simple, right? Nope. It's not bad enough that their machine is 'debit-only'. In order to use it, you HAVE to get cash back, and they charge you $0.99 to use the thing, just like an ATM. Why on earth would they go this route, instead of just sucking it up and getting credit card processing? Guess I won't be using a debit card there anytime soon.


--JOsh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home