2008-02-08

The Snowblower Fairy

A couple of weeks ago, I left for work in the morning, and as I walked out my front door, there sat a snowblower. It was quite odd, as this being Iowa, we'd recently gotten snow & I found it to be unthinkable that someone would just gift me a snowblower out of the kindness of their hearts.

I asked my wife if she knew where it had come from, thinking that possibly my next door neighbor had dropped it off for us to use. Nope, not his. I asked my mom, my father-in-law, my brother-in-law, and a few others. No one had any clue as to where it might have came from.

After pondering it for a few days, I remembered that there was a gentleman down that street that repairs small engines. I hypothesized that someone had intended to drop off a snowblower to him to fix. I left the snowblower on the porch for about a week, figuring if my hypothesis was correct, someone would soon be looking for it. After a week & no word, I tried starting it to see if it even ran. No luck, so off it went to the garage to keep it out of the elements.

A few days later after returning from a trip out of town, I was greeted by a note on my door stating that someone had dropped off a snowblower by mistake & wanted me to call them. With all of the snow we've gotten lately, digging out my garage and dragging the snowblower to the front was far from my list of top things to do. I figured that in a week or so, I'd get around to calling the person back & having them come collect their snowblower.

Fast forward to this morning, when I hear a knock on the door. It's the snowblower guy, wanting to get his snowblower. Uggh. The problem being, that it was in the shed behind the house, blocked in by 12-16 inches of snow which would require quite a bit of shoveling to get it. Not exactly what I wanted to be doing at 7:30 in the morning. So, I shoveled my way to the shed & retrieved the snowblower and off he went.

The mystery of the snowblower fairy has been solved.

--JOsh

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

Squatters rights - it's yours. I'd have fixed that bad boy and started using it on the mounds of white crap that fell on us.

Maybe there was a kilo of columbian bam-bam taped to the bottom of it and he needed it to lie low until the heat was off. Best way to do that is get it buried in some other dudes garage behind 2 feet of snow.

8:12 PM, February 08, 2008  
Blogger ---ryan said...

Whoa whoa whoa. I would have said. "It's in the back shed. When you are done shoveling a path to get it out, come let me know. I'll be eating cheetos and watching your dumb ass from the window."

oproyoap screamed the captcha!

10:29 PM, February 11, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home