2005-04-21

Idiot Blocker

Ian stopped over this afternoon, frustrated at a stupid email he had received. You all know what I'm talking about. You've all got some clueless, well-intentioned friend/aquiantance that forwards you on those email 'warnings' advising you against a myriad of things. Anyone that's been around a while should be able to instantly spot them and groan that they are making their rounds once again. I usually respond to those people with a link to snopes.com and ask that, before they forward me warnings and crap, check to see if it shows up in Snopes, and most likely it will.

But I just had a excellent idea - what if someone wrote a spam-filter style program for these stupid forwards/'warnings', that responded to the sender with a link to the appropriate entry in Snopes.


Ok, so this one was a little late in getting published. Oh well. I've got a few more ideas brewing, so stay tuned.


--JOsh

1 Comments:

Blogger ---ryan said...

My friend, great idea. I would like to receive your copy but my encrpyt not allow. Please forward $10,000 dollars US to me my friend and I send you air ticket for delivery.

Thanking you

7:22 PM, May 16, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home